your paradise awaits
Corfu Villa values you as our customer and recognises that privacy is important to you.
This Privacy Statement explains how we collect, use, and disclose data when you use our platform
and associated services, and tells you how to contact us.
Privacy Statement Summary
This is a summary of our Privacy Statement. To review our Privacy Statement in full, please scroll down.
1. What does this Privacy Statement cover?
- This Privacy Statement is designed to describe:
- How and what type of personal information we collect and use
- When and with whom we share your personal information
- What choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your personal information
2. What personal information do we collect and use, and how do we collect it?
We collect personal information when:
- You give us the information
- We collect it automatically
- We receive it from others
- When you create an account on one of our sites, sign up to receive offers or information, or make a booking using our platform, you give us your personal information. We also collect such information through automated technology such as cookies placed on your browser—with your consent where applicable—when you visit our site.
3. How is your personal information shared?
Your personal information may be shared to help you make a booking, assist you with or during your travel or stay, communicate with you (including when we send information about products and services or enable you to communicate with travel providers or property owners or managers), or to comply with the law. Our full Privacy Statement provides additional detail regarding how your personal information may be shared.
4. What are your rights and choices?
You can exercise your data-protection rights in various ways. For example, you can opt out of marketing by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in emails you receive, changing preferences in your account, as applicable, or by contacting us. Our Privacy Statement has more information about the options and data-protection rights available to you.
5. How to contact us
More information about our privacy practices is in our full Privacy Statement. You can also contact us as described below in the Contact Us section to ask questions about how we handle your personal information or to make requests about your personal information.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
- When you use our platform or associated tools or services, we may collect the following kinds of personal information from you:
- Name, email address, telephone number; and home, business, and billing addresses
- Payment information such as payment card number, expiration date, and billing address
- Travel-related preferences and requests such as favourite destinations and accommodation types, and special dietary and accessibility needs, as available
- Birth date and gender
- Data you provide about other people, such as your travel companions or others for whom you are making a booking
Communications and Marketing:
Enable communication between travellers and travel suppliers, such as hotels and vacation-property owners and managers.
Contact you (such as by text message, email, phone call, mail, push notification, or messaging on other communication platforms) to provide information such as travel booking confirmations and updates, for marketing purposes, or for other purposes as described in this Privacy Statement.
We share your personal information as described below and in this Privacy Statement, and as permitted by applicable law.
Third-party service providers.We share personal information with third parties in connection with the delivery of services to you and the operation of our business (for example, to provide payment-card processing, customer service, business analytics, and fraud-prevention and compliance services, and to serve you with advertising tailored to your interests). These third-party service providers are required to protect personal information we share with them and may not use any directly identifying personal information other than to provide the services for which we have contracted them. They are not allowed to use the personal information we share for purposes of their own direct marketing (unless you have separately consented to such use under the terms provided by the third party).
Travel suppliers.We share personal information with travel-related suppliers such as airlines, car-rental companies, insurance providers, vacation-rental property managers, and where available, activity providers, and rail and cruise lines who fulfill your booking. Please note that travel suppliers may contact you to obtain additional information if and as required to facilitate your booking or to otherwise provide the travel or associated services.
Your Rights and Choices
You have certain rights and choices with respect to your personal information, as described below:
You can control our use of certain cookies by following the guidance in our Cookie Statement.
You can update the accuracy of your information at any time by either logging into your account or contacting us
If you no longer wish to receive marketing and promotional emails, you may unsubscribe by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the email.
If we are processing your personal information on the basis of consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that occurred before you withdrew consent and it will not affect our processing of your personal information that is conducted in reliance on a legal basis other than consent
For questions about privacy and your rights and choices, please contact us.
Types of cookies and similar technologies.
Cookies are small pieces of text sent as files to your computer or mobile device when you visit most websites. Cookies may be delivered by us (first-party cookies) or delivered by a third-party partner or supplier (third-party cookies). Cookies are either session cookies or persistent cookies. Session cookies enable sites to recognise and link the actions of a user during a browsing session and expire at the end of each session. Persistent cookies help us recognize you as an existing user, and these cookies are stored on your system or device until they expire, although you can delete them before the expiration date.
- Pixels are small objects embedded into a web page that are not visible to the user. We use pixels to deliver cookies to your computer, facilitate the log-in process, monitor the activity on our sites, and deliver online advertising.
- Tags are small pieces of HTML code that tell your browser to request certain content generated by an ad server. We use tags to show you relevant advertising and promotions.
- Local Storage Objects, such as HTML 5, are used to store content and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use Local Storage Objects to collect and store information.
All of the technologies described above will be collectively referred to in this Cookie Statement as “cookies.”
Types of information collected by cookies
The types of information that we collect through cookies include:
- IP address
- Device ID
- Viewed pages
- Browser type
- Browsing information
- Operating system
- Internet Service Provider
- Whether you have responded to, or interacted with, an advertisement
- Referring or referred links or URLs
- Features used and activities engaged in on our sites and in our apps
See the Categories of Personal Information We Collect section above for more information on what types of information are collected automatically.
Types and functions of cookies
Certain cookies are required or “essential” for our sites to function as intended. Essential cookies are necessary for you to navigate our site and use certain features like logging in to your account and managing your bookings. These cookies are also used to remember security settings that allow access to particular content. Lastly, we use essential cookies to collect information on which web pages visitors go to most, so we can improve our online services. You are not able to opt out of essential cookies.
Other Types of Cookies
We also use other types of cookies to make our site engaging and useful to you:
- Functional Cookies. We want to make sure that when you visit our site, your preferences (such as your preferred language), settings, and previous searches are remembered.
- Analytics Cookies. We use analytics cookies to:
- Understand our site’s performance and how it is used, including the number of visitors, how long you stay on the site, and which parts of the site you visit. We can see details about how visitors have interacted with the site, such as the number of clicks made on a given page, mouse movements and scrolling activity, search words used, and the text entered into various fields
- Test different designs and features for our site
- Monitor how our visitors reach our sites
- Determine effectiveness of our advertising
- Improve our services, including your experience on our site
Some analytics cookies can perform tasks essential or functional to online services, such as enabling site improvements and testing changes to a site.
How can you manage your cookies?
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us +44 (0) 1344 583 444 or email@example.com.